TEAC W-1200 Double Cassette Deck OCT. PRE-ORDER
Drawing on TEAC’s proud heritage in creating world class tape recorders,
an authentic double cassette deck for the modern day.
The W-1200 is a double cassette deck featuring two, one-way cassette decks, mic mixing, a USB digital output and other versatile recording features. In recent times, cassette tapes have fascinated those whom have never used them, thanks to their warm, distinctly analogue sound, not to mention the ease of recording and the ability to create 'mix-tapes'.
We set out to create a cassette deck that combined an excellent level of performance with an interface that suits the digital audio era. Not only does the W-1200 offer sound that’s close to the original, it also has a wide range of versatile facilities that allow karaoke singing, the recording of conference minutes, and even the digital recording of analogue cassettes via a computer.
The two cassette decks support recording and playback on each as they have independent drive mechanisms... owners can record on both decks simultaneously to make a pair of identical tapes at the same time. And mic input and mic mixing allow you to practice your Karaoke singing over a cassette tape or an external sound source (via LINE IN).
TEAC's decades of experience in making recording equipment are self-evident in the W-1200, particularly where the noise reduction system is concerned. It allows users to play back legacy cassette tapes originally recorded with Dolby B NR and hear them correctly. Moreover, the pitch control allows you to change playback speed to whatever’s considered appropriate while the level meters provided enable fine-tuning of recording levels. A timer REC/PLAY function is provided to allow use with a third-party audio timer.
Furthermore, the W-1200 can deliver digital audio at CD-quality (up to 48kHz/16-bit PCM) to a computer via a USB cable, allowing digital archiving of your cassette tape library. Once you've digitised them on a computer, you're able to enjoy your old tape-based music library anytime anywhere via a network player, DAP, smartphone or even in your car.
Delivering a high standard of fidelity as a recording device, combined with advanced digital technologies, the W-1200 sets a new standard for double cassette decks in the modern age.Features at a glance
* Dual cassette decks for REC/PLAY on both decks with independent mechanism
* Noise reduction system suppresses hiss during playback (equivalent to Dolby B NR)
* Normal (Type I) and Chrome (Type II) tapes REC/PLAY (auto detect)
* Metal (Type IV) tape Play (auto detect)
* REC MUTE creates four second silences with one touch, or silences of other lengths as desired
* Mic input with mic mixing for karaoke and announcement applications
* One-touch dubbing for easy tape duplication
* Parallel (simultaneous) recording for recording to two tapes at the same time
* Timer REC/Play ready * A third-party audio timer is required.
* Four-digit digital tape counters
* RTZ (Return to Zero) function for one-touch return to the tape counter "0000" position
* Repeat play (playback stops after a maximum of 20 repetitions)
* ±12% pitch control * TAPE 1 playback only.
* Dimmable fluorescent display with level meters
* USB output for digital recording on PC * Third-party digital recording software, such as Audacity or Garage Band is required.
* RCA analogue input jacks
* 6.3mm (1/4") stereo headphone output jack
* Remote control included
* RoHS compliant