Roland DJ-505 Serato DJ Controller PRE-ORDER
The Roland DJ-505 is a two-channel, four-deck Serato DJ controller that blends the advanced performance capabilities of Serato DJ with the legendary sounds and sequencing of Roland’s TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707* drum machines. The DJ-505 gives you the tools to move beyond mixing music to creating beats and rhythms on the fly that sync to your Serato DJ tracks, enabling the creation of unique transitions, live remixes, beefed-up classic tracks, or your own original music.
Like the flagship DJ-808 and compact DJ-202 controllers, the DJ-505 is a powerful and inspiring instrument that allows unparalleled flexibility to DJ, remix, and produce, empowering exciting new approaches to music performance. And with its standalone mixer functionality, narrow footprint, and Serato DVS upgrade path, the DJ-505 is an ideal controller to pair with turntables or CD players.
The DJ-505 is a two-channel, four-deck Serato DJ controller packed with features, and the complete Serato Tool Kit is included as well. Its portability, coupled with a pro-grade build and advanced feature set, makes the DJ-505 ideal for mobile applications, club DJing, live performance, and production purposes alike. The built-in 24-bit/48 kHz audio interface and high-end Roland audio conversion for Master and Booth outputs ensure faithful reproduction of audio sources and clear, powerful sound. Balanced XLR outputs let you connect directly to a professional PA system, and you can monitor your mix via the Booth Outs as well as separate 1/4-inch and 1/8-inch Phones jacks. You also have a 1/4-inch TS mic input to add vocals or external instruments to your performance setup. Dedicated Serato DJ controls allow quick creation and triggering of hot cues, loops, TR sounds, sequencer patterns, and samples, plus switching between four Serato decks with the Deck Select button. Use the channel filters or Serato FX (accessible via three FX Select buttons per deck) to finesse blends or accentuate scratches.
The DJ-505’s large, low-latency platters provide responsive, lag-free performance that allows for the same style of scratches executed on turntables, and the illuminated outer rings on the jog wheels indicate the status of each deck at a glance. Plus, the DJ-505’s platters have brushed aluminium top plates just like the DJ-808 and DJ-202 controllers, providing both great feel and rugged durability.
From the TR-909’s unmistakable hi-hats to the foundation-shaking boom of the TR-808, Roland TR drum machines have defined the sound of entire genres of modern music, from hip-hop, house, techno, and electro in the ’80s and ’90s right up to the trap music sound of today. Using Roland’s patented ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology, the DJ-505 faithfully recreates the original sound and character of these classic machines, giving you the ability to program and create rhythm tracks using the same sound palette as the world’s foremost musical icons.
- Two-channel, four-deck controller for Serato Intro
- Large platters with the lowest available latency, optimized for scratching
- Built-in drum kits from Roland’s legendary TR-808, TR-909, TR-606*, and TR-707*, realized with advanced ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) technology
- Eight sounds in each TR kit: Bass Drum, Snare Drum, Closed Hat, Open Hat, Tom, Rim, Clap, and Ride
- Onboard sequencer that controls Serato DJ Intro’s sampler for on-the-fly beat creation
- Independent sampler volume control
- Eight dedicated pads with Hot Cue, Loop, Sequencer, and Sampler modes for controlling Serato DJ Intro or Serato DJ software
- MIDI output for synchronizing external devices with tracks in Serato DJ Intro
- Mic input with gate, hi-pass, reverb, and echo FX
- 24-bit/48 kHz audio fidelity with high-resolution digital-to-analog converters
- Compact, rugged, and lightweight design with easy-grab handles for optimal portability
- Connect straight to your speakers or amplifier via RCA stereo outputs
- USB powered for simple connectivity
- Serato DJ Intro included; Serato DJ Upgrade Ready
- Use Serato DJ Intro to organize and build music libraries or integrate songs from iTunes—just drag a track to the deck, set and trigger cues, loops, and samples, and apply basic FX