Behringer NEKKST K5 Audiophile Bi-Amped 5" Studio Monitor with Advanced Waveguide Technology (Pair)
The 150-Watt NEKKST K5 Studio Monitor’s unparalleled, world-class performance is the result of a major collaboration betweenBEHRINGER audio engineers and loudspeaker master-designer/founder of KRK – Keith R. Klawitter. This incredible reference system is ideal for all critical listening environments thanks to the custom-engineered bi-amplification system that features separate amplifiers for the 5" glass-fiber woofer and 1" silk-dome tweeter. K5’s long-throw woofer generates deep, tight bass and virtually smear-proof mids, while the ultra-high resolution tweeter provides sparkling highs – all enhanced by Keith’s Advanced Waveguide Technology for an extremely generous sweet spot.
The goal of a great studio monitor is to present an accurate representation of your mix, so you can tell how well it will translate to the diverse listening environments and systems of today, such as car stereos, club sound systems, radio, portable digital music players and others. The remarkably-flat response of the NEKKST K5 allows you to work with the complete confidence that your mixes will “play” accurately on these systems and to your audience at large.
The ultra-linear, 150-Watt reference-class NEKKST K5 was designed by renowned acoustic icon and founder of KRK, Keith R. Klawitter – a man who has devoted much of his life to the quest for the “perfect” loudspeaker. The K5 features Keith’s advanced Waveguide technology for the ultimate in acoustic dispersion, which generates an extremely large “sweet zone” for easy and optimal monitoring. A true bi-amped system, an ingenious crossover design and separate amplifiers are utilized for high and low-frequency signals, providing superb sound reproduction from the long-throw, deformation-resistant, glass-fiber cone woofer and pristinely-accurate, silk-dome tweeter. The NEKKST K5 not only satisfies seasoned engineers and producers, but makes audiophile-level sound accessible to both home and professional recording studio applications. Keith Klawitter wrote the book when it comes to modern studio monitors, and to quote the monitor-master, “This is my best work yet!”
- Ultra-linear 150-Watt reference-class studio monitor
- Designed by renowned acoustic icon Keith Klawitter, founder of KRK*
- Advanced Waveguide technology creates ultimate acoustic dispersion and extremely large ''sweet zone''
- True bi-amping mode with 2 separate amplifiers for ultimate sound reproduction
- Ultra-high resolution, 1” silk dome tweeter for ultimate sound reproduction
- Long-throw 5” woofer with deformation-resistant glass fiber cone
- Adjustable to a wide range of acoustic conditions and subwoofer operation
- Separately controlled limiter for low and high-frequency overload protection
- Servo-balanced inputs with XLR, TRS and unbalanced RCA connectors
- High-density composite enclosure for ultra-low diffraction and reduced low-frequency distortion
- ''Planet Earth'' power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany