Behringer Xenyx QX1222USB 12-Input Mixer w/ FX & USB
A common question we get asked is: what's the difference between Behringer's QX1222USB and the QX1222USB. It's simple. They both have the same number of inputs overall, but the QX1622USB has less mic inputs, and more stereo inputs. The QX1222USB has more mic inputs, but less stereo inputs. Easy!
The Xenyx QX1222USB is a quality mixer for stage or studio with Premium 16-Input 2/2-Bus Mixer with XENYX Mic Preamps & Compressors, KLARK TEKNIK Multi-FX Processor, Wireless Option and USB/Audio Interface
Nothing adds the finishing touch to a live or recorded performance like really good effects, so we equipped a select group of these mixers with one of the best FX engines in the industry. Designed by the world-renowned KLARK TEKNIK engineering team, these high-end FX processors feature 32 studio-grade presets with dual addressable parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings. Complete with its own dedicated level meter, these effects provide a wide range of enhancement options, from sweet and mild to absolutely wild!
The X1222USB ups the ante with six mono mic inputs. These two additional channels can also be used for stereo line-level devices, such as keyboards or sound modules. Building on the feature set of the two previous models, the QX1222USB comes equipped with channel Inserts for inputs 1-4, a stereo 7-band graphic EQ, which can be assigned to the main or monitor buses, and our proprietary FBQ Feedback Detection System. Enjoy the freedom of wireless mic functionality, thanks to the built-in ULM receiver port. Other features include full-sized faders for MON and FX SENDs, our XPQ 3D stereo surround effect (creates a broader, enhanced stereo image), and a handy Voice Canceller function for removing vocals from pre-recorded tapes and CDs for “instant-karaoke” applications.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What's compression? Glad you asked. Compression limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate sound techs have difficulty mastering. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. Now you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. Our “one-knob” compressors come standard on each and every XENYX Q Series USB mixer.
There was a time when the recording process called for lots of specialized gear, which meant the average musician had to buy time at a recording studio—and that time was expensive! But modern technology has put personal recording well within the reach of virtually anyone with access to a computer. But how do you get all that music flying around your brain into a computer? That’s where XENYX Q Series mixers come in. Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source connected to the mixer can be recorded straight to your hard drive.
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 4 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Ultra-high quality KLARK TEKNIK FX processor with LCD display, dual-parameters, Tap function and storable user parameter settings
- "Wireless-ready" for high-quality BEHRINGER digital wireless system (not included)
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- 7-band stereo graphic EQ allows precise frequency correction of monitor or main mixes
- Revolutionary FBQ Feedback Detection System instantly reveals critical frequencies
- Breathtaking XPQ 3D stereo surround effect for more vitality and enhanced stereo image
- Voice Canceller function for easy-to-use sing-along applications
- 4 fully equipped stereo input channels featuring 2 additional mic inputs on channels 5/6 and 7/8, 3-band EQ and input trim control
- Channel inserts on each mono channel for flexible connection of outboard equipment
- 2 aux sends per channel: 1 pre fader for monitoring, 1 post fader (for internal FX and/or as external send); 2 multi-functional stereo aux returns
- Balanced main mix outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors, headphone/control room output and stereo rec outputs
- 2-track inputs & outputs for routing flexibility (NB: 2-Track inputs can't be sent to 2-Track outputs, to prevent feedback issues)
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving