QSC KW181 1000 Watt High-Powered 18" Active Subwoofer
Building on the success of our K Series, the QSC KW181 and KW Series represents the next evolutionary step in wood enclosure loudspeakers. Our system engineers have created the QSC KW181 to feature all the groundbreaking electronic attributes of our popular K Series while at the same time designing a product that is both smaller and significantly lighter than previous wood enclosure models.
QSC KW181 Features
* K Series performance in a lightweight, birch design
* 1000 watt Class D power modules in all models (2 x 500 W continuous)
* Extensive DSP featuring DEEP™ and Intrinsic Correction™ enhances system performance
* DMT™ (Directivity Matched Transition) ensures uniform coverage across the entire sound field
* Rugged, texture-painted birch enclosures
* Tour-grade 16 gauge steel grilles
* Comfortable ergonomic handles
QSC KW181 high Output: Like the K Series, each of the four KW Series models features a QSC designed, 1000 watt (2 x 500 W continuous) Class D power module.
QSC KW181 DSP: Extensive signal processing is employed throughout, providing levels of sonic clarity and total output that defy all expectations for a product in this category:
* Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in our high-end line array products maps 65-75 spatially-averaged measurements to IIR and FIR filters that actively adjust time, frequency and amplitude response to a maximally flat bandpass target. The result is a speaker that behaves equally well across the entire sound field.
* DEEP™ and excursion limiting allow for extended low-frequency response by actively managing low-frequency transients without degradation of the underlying signal or adjacent frequencies.
* GuardRail™ protection, first introduced on our GX Series amplifiers protects both the amplifier module and your performance from unnatural and destructive clipping.
Connectivity: KW Series features a four-position mic / line gain switch that allows for connection of a wide variety of devices. Combo XLR and 1/4" TRS inputs accept both mic and line level input while a set of RCA phono inputs (except KW181) allow additional connectivity to portable MP3 players, CD players and line-level mixers. Up to three audio sources can be mixed internally and summed to a balanced output for "daisy-chaining" of multiple units. Separate direct outputs are also provided on each channel for additional output flexibility.
Remote Gain: Remote gain control capability is offered via a potentiometer (not included) connected to the on-board Phoenix-Style connector. In an installed application, multiple KW Series speakers can be "daisy-chained" for total gain control from a single remote pot. Auto-standby mode is engaged after 5 minutes of inactivity.
QSC KW181 Premium-grade materials: KW Series is designed to withstand the rigors of professional use. Advanced construction processes, premium-grade Baltic birch cabinetry, ergonomic, cast aluminum handles, low-noise casters (KW181) and a highly protective steel grille provide for ease of transport and long term durability. Integrated M10 suspension points allow for flown applications with a KW M10 KIT (sold separately) and a threaded pole receptacle (KW181) provides for a positive, wobble free connection to a threaded speaker pole (included).